Download the audio files for chapter 8 below.
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Early Quarrels and Accomplishments
- 8.3 Shay’s Rebellion and the Need for Change
- 8.4 Opening the Constitutional Convention
- 8.5 Issue: How Should States Be Represented in the New Government?
- 8.6 Resolution: The Great Compromise
- 8.7 Issue: How Should Slaves Be Counted?
- 8.8 Resolution: The Three-Fifths Compromise
- 8.9 Issue: How Should the Chief Executive Be Elected?
- 8.10 Resolution: The Electoral College
- 8.11 The Convention Ends
- 8.12 The Constitution Goes to the States
- Chapter Summary
Complete the chapter 8 study guide to prepare yourself for the chapter quiz.